DOT Hazmat: Advanced General Awareness (10 Hour)
Who Should take this course?
This DOT Hazmat General Awareness/Function Specific course is an in-depth course for all employees involved in the transportation of hazardous materials. This training is a 10-hour course targeted for workers with the intention of meeting General Awareness training requirement as well as several Function-specific Training requirements in addition to the basic requirements met by our 4-hour DOT Hazmat Basic General Awareness course.
All workers employed in an industry that involves the transportation of hazardous materials must have DOT General Awareness training. This includes not just drivers and manufacturers, but anyone who manufactures, repairs, or reconditions containers used to transport hazardous materials.
Seven Function-Specific Topics Included
The DOT Hazmat General Awareness/Function Specific training meets the requirements of DOT General Awareness training, and includes the following function-specific topics:
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Hazard Classes and Divisions;
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Labeling;
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Marking;
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Packaging;
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Placarding;
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Shipping Papers;
- DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Using the Hazmat Table (HMT);
Additional function-specific training may be required to prepare you for the duties associated with your job.
This course can be taken as initial training or refresher training, and must be refreshed a minimum of every 3 years. If you are involved in transportation by air, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires refresher training every 2 years.